Currently Reading

Tegan Mae's bookshelf: currently-reading

Witch Finder
0 of 5 stars
tagged: currently-reading, a-little-witchy, advanced-copy, first-reads, net...
Gilt
0 of 5 stars
tagged: currently-reading, historical, queens-and-kings, ya, the-tudors, an...

goodreads.com

Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Passage by Justin Cronin

This is a post of a previously reviewed books on Goodreads. Originally read July 2010, posted June 13, 2011.
Title: The Passage
Author: Justin Cronin
Type: Adult Fiction
Genre: Horror/SciFi/Mystery
Tea: Silver Yin Zhen Pearls, a fresh and superior take on something seen quite frequently.
Rating: 5 out of 5.
I saw this book at Barnes & Noble when it came out last summer, but was going to wait until it came out in paperback to read it. I then took a quiz on Oprah.com (I know, I know...) about what book I should read for the summer and it was this one! I figured why not look on my Nook (which I had just bought) and it was only $9.99 instead of the $20-something it was at the store. And that's how this adventure began.

I'd never read anything by Justin Cronin before, but instantly fell in love. The correspondence had me wondering what the hell was going on right from the start. Learning about Amy's family and where she came from made me NEED to know what was going to happen to her. All these characters are easy to fall in love with and care about. Even the villains intrigue you and you want to know more about them.

There is so much in this book. It's over a large expanse of time, but Cronin pulls it off. I couldn't put the book down and when it ended I thought it was too short! His vision of vampirism is refreshing in this current onslaught of vampires the world is experiencing (and that's coming from an avid vampire fan, from way back). This is not a novel that you pick up and feel like you've read it before, just with different characters. Cronin creates a fascinating world that I didn't want to leave. I can't wait for The Twelve to come out! If only it came out this summer instead of 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment